Smoked Salmon, Dill & Lemon Linguine20.3.2018
The pasta cooking water contains lots of starch, which helps to create a silky, creamy sauce to coat the strands of the linguine.
A tasty recipe from Waitrose, that is quick and easy to make.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 fennel bulb (about 160g), hard core removed, finely diced and any fronds reserved
- 150g linguine
- ½ lemon, zest and juice
- 75g essential Waitrose Reduced Fat Soft Cheese
- 100g pack Waitrose Mild Scottish Oak Smoked Salmon, cut into strips
- Handful chopped dill
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and gently sauté the fennel with a pinch of salt for 10-12 minutes until softened and just starting to turn golden.
- Bring a separate large pan of salted water to the boil, add the linguine and simmer for 9 minutes. Just before draining, scoop out and reserve a large mug of the cooking water, then drain the pasta.
- Add the lemon zest and 1 tbsp juice, the soft cheese and 100ml cooking water to the fennel, stirring to combine over a high heat. Take off the heat, toss the linguine through the sauce, then stir through the salmon, dill and any reserved fennel fronds. Divide between plates, season with black pepper and serve immediately.