King Prawns with Chermoula Dressing27.9.2018
A tasty, zingy and light dish, perfect for a warm evening
This wonderful dish comes courtesy of Raymond Blanc.
Note: You can make your own Chermoula by combining 1 clove garlic, crushed, 2tsp paprika, 2tsp chilli powder, 2tsp ground cumin, 1 pink saffron (soaked in cold water), 50ml olive oil, 1 lemon, zest and juice, salt in a bowl and mix.
For the prawn:
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2tbsp Chermoula (a North African spice paste available in most world food aisles). See note
For the salad:
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 lemons, halved
- 250g black venus rice, cooked according to packet instructions Large handful each of frozen peas and broad beans, cooked
- 100g French beans, trimmed and cooked
- Preheat the grill to a medium- high heat. To make the marinade mix the olive oil and Chermoula together with a pinch of salt and thoroughly coat the prawns. Leave for a minimum of 10 minutes. Place on a roasting tray and grill for around 5 minutes until prawns are pink and cooked, turning halfway through
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the lemon halves, cut side down and fry for 30 seconds - 1 minute or until lightly caramelised.
- Divide the rice amongst four plates and scatter over the vegetables. Top with the prawns and drizzle over the leftover cooking juices. Place half a lemon on each plate and serve immediately.